The mission of the Elbert County Alternative Education Program is to provide a place for new beginnings for all students through positive, successful learning experiences.
The vision of the Elbert County Alternative Education Program is to provide quality and dedicated staff, a positive and supportive environment, and high standards to achieve academic growth and success.
- All students can learn and have a right to a quality education.
- Education is a shared responsibility that unites the students, home, school, and community in the decision-making and problem-solving process while creating a mutual bond of respect and trust.
- The community serves as a means to support a safe learning environment for children as well as offering resources that will enhance students’ awareness of real life applications.
- Students learn best in an atmosphere where continuous communication and support exist among parents, students, teachers, and community.
- Education prepares everyone for the challenges of today and tomorrow and is a continuous learning process.
- Education should include programs that meet the needs of all areas of exceptionalities.
- Goals and achievable education outcomes should be clear and explicit.