The Elbert County School District provides a progressive, innovative, quality education to over 3,000 students in grades preschool through 12. This public school district is comprised of one high school, one middle school, one elementary school, one primary school, an early learning center, and an alternative high school and middle school program. The district is located in Northeast Georgia across the Savannah River from South Carolina.
The Elbert County School District, in partnership with the entire community, will nurture, educate, and graduate students who have been empowered to reach their full potential as responsible, ethical and productive citizens.
The Elbert County School District will work successfully with families, community partners, and other key stakeholders to continually improve student outcomes. We envision creating a world-class school district founded on teacher and leader quality, innovative practices, and overall academic excellence.
- We believe all students can learn, and our schools must assist them in reaching their full potential.
- We believe our schools must be warm, welcoming, and safe. We believe that every individual is entitled to an emotionally and physically safe and respectful learning environment.
- We believe a rigorous and comprehensive education will prepare our students for the challenges of the 21st Century.
- We believe it is essential to embrace diversity, including ethnicity, ability level, and socioeconomic status, and implement initiatives to ensure the needs of all students are met.
- We believe good character must be developed and nurtured to promote citizenship at the community level and in a global society.
- We believe that leveraging technology is essential for college and career readiness.
- We believe that a commitment to student success is a shared responsibility among students, parents, educators, and the community.
- We believe the more connected families are in the educational process, the more successful students will be.
- We believe that every employee of the district plays a vital role in the growth and development of our students.
- We believe that by making these beliefs real in our actions, we can nurture the complete growth of "Every Student, Every Day."