What is it?: National Honor Society recognizes students with exemplary scholarship, character, leadership and service. Members of NHS are allowed to wear a gold tassel at graduation. Every year a NHS senior is chosen to receive the NHS Scholarship funded by our members.
Faculty Advisor: Mrs. Daniele Franklin (B-4)
Activities: Every year, members are required to participate in the NHS Service Project (Hat and Glove Drive), attend a minimum of 2 meetings per semester (4 meetings per school year) and complete a minimum of 3 service hours.
Who can join?: 10th, 11th & 12th graders who meet the eligibility requirements
Dues: Dues are $20.00 per year.
-Applicants must fill out an application form and have three recommendation forms completed by teachers/coaches.
The following are requirements for election and continued membership in National Honor Society.
Tenth and eleventh grade students must be;
1. Exemplifying outstanding characteristics in leadership, service, scholarship & character
2. Taking a minimum of one class of English, math, science, & social studies each year
3. Taking a minimum of four core classes each year, with one of the four being an Advanced Content class
4. Maintaining an overall 92 un-weighted average each year
5. Attend at least 2 club meetings each semester (total of 4 per year), pay dues of $20, participate in the annual
NHS service project, and obtain a minimum of 3 service hours.
Twelfth grade students must be:
6. Complying with 1 and 5 above;
7. Taking a minimum of three classes in English, math, science, and/or social studies; with one of the three
being an Advanced Content Class or Dual Enrollment
8. Taking a minimum of 3 core classes.