If you are new to Elbert County Schools, we welcome you and your child to our district. Below you will find information about enrolling your child in our schools for the first time.
- Children must be five years of age on or before September 1 to be eligible to attend kindergarten, and four years of age to attend Pre-K.
- Register your child/children at the Elbert County Board of Education Office located at 50 Laurel Drive in Elberton (behind the Wellness Center). Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- To register a student, certain documents are required. Please read below carefully to determine what documents you will need to register your child/children to attend an Elbert County school.
- Bring these four documents with you to registration. Without this required documentation, we will not be able to register your child/children.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record (on GA form 3231)
- Social Security Card
- Two proofs of residence - Must show correct street address, such as driver's license, deed, lease/rental agreement, utility bill, or property tax receipt.
For more information, contact Sanquetta Calhoun at the Board of Education Office, 706-213-4000.