The information below provides guidance regarding registration and/or enrolling your child with the Elbert County School District (ECSD). Contact Wil Hall, Registrar and Administrative Assistant, with additional questions at 706-213-4000. firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia law states that a child must be five years old on or before September 1 to enter a public Kindergarten. Georgia also provides a public Pre-K program for students who are four years old on or before September 1.
Follow below steps to register/enroll your child:
- Download the enrollment packet to print and complete forms or contact the Elbert County Board of Education at 706-213-4000 to request the enrollment packet. The BOE is located at 50 Laurel Drive and regular work hours are 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Parent/Guardian should turn in the completed enrollment packet and all other required documents as follows:
- K-12 - Elbert County BOE (Central Office)
- All Pre-K students enroll at Paul J. Blackwell Learning Center (PJBLC); 373 Campbell Street, 706 - 213 - 4400
- The following documents are required upon registering/enrolling:
- Certified birth certificate
- GA form 3231 (Immunization record)
- Social security card
- Two proofs of residence
- The following documents are requested upon registering/enrolling:
- GA form 3300 (Hearing - Vision - Dental form)
- Last report card or transcript (high school)
- Regarding Residency:
- A student’s residence is the place the student lives with a parent/guardian or another person.
- If the person registering/enrolling the student is not the student’s parent/legal guardian, the ECSD will require the enrolling person to fully complete a Kinship Caregiver Affidavit form.
- If the family is living at an address that they do not rent or own, the person that rents or owns the property must appear with the parent/guardian at the time of enrollment and complete the Residency Affidavit form along with two proofs of residency.
- The following are acceptable as proof of residence and must reflect correct address that you reside (telephone and cable bills are NOT acceptable):
- Driver’s license
- Property deed or mortgage documentation
- Lease/rental agreement
- Utility bill (water, electric, gas)
- Property tax receipts
- Car tag registration
- If a student is transferring from another district, we will request records on the student's behalf. A release form will be completed at the time of registration.
The ECSD is comprised of the following five schools:
Paul J. Blackwell Learning Center (PJBLC) Pre-K Program: (to include the HeadStart Program):
373 Campbell Street; 706-213-4400
Elbert County Primary School (ECPS): Kindergarten and 1st Grade:
1019 Falling Creek Circle; 706-213-4700
Elbert County Elementary School (ECES): 2nd thru 4th Grades:
1150 Athens Tech Drive; 706-213-4600
Elbert County Middle School (ECMS): 5th thru 8th Grades:
1108 Athens Tech Rd.; 706-213-4200
Elbert County Comprehensive High School (ECCHS): 9th thru 12th Grades:
600 Abernathy Circle; 706-213-4100
Alternative Education Program (AEP) - Housed at ECCHS
Transportation/Bus Routes: Please contact the bus shop at 706-213-4027 to obtain bus route information or contact the school(s) that your child(ren) will attend.
- Homeless Children/McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
- Any parent/guardian who may be living in a homeless situation, contact Kate Johnson, Homeless Liaison, at 706-213-4400 for information.
Other Documents needed for Enrollment
- Special Education Program
- The parent/guardian may provide a copy of the student’s most recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Custodial Documents
- The ECSD may request proof of custody in situations involving multiple adults claiming control of the same student(s).
School Meal Programs:
Headstart/Pre-K through 8th grade
All students at PJBLC, ECPS, ECES, and ECMS participate in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program. Under the CEP program, all students receive meals free of charge.
High School Students (9th-12th)
Students enrolled at ECCHS may choose to use the free and reduced application process in which each student must apply for status determination. Forms can be obtained at the ECBOE (Central Office), front office of the high school, or by clicking on the following: Free/Reduced form link. Please contact the School Nutrition Director at 706-213-4000 with questions regarding school meal programs.