Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
The goals of Elbert County's PBIS include improving the school climate for students and adults, increasing teaching time rather than spending time managing misbehavior, maximizing on-task time and academic achievement for all students, increasing positive and civil social behavior, and increasing family engagement in our schools.
What is PBIS?
PBIS is an acronym for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support. It is a school wide integration of:
- A continuum of behavioral supports
- Prevention focuses efforts
- Instructionally focused behaviors
- Empirically sound practices
- Data information analyzed and utilized on a frequent basis