Elbert County School District
Every Student, Every Day
- Elbert County School District
Board Approves 2019-2020 Academic Calendar
At it's January 28, 2019 regular meeting, the Elbert County Board of Education approved the academic calendar for 2019-2020 school year. Approval came after the district posted three versions of academic calendars online for review and voting. Of the 363 people who responded to the district’s survey, 50 percent said they preferred the option adopted by the board (Option 2), which closely resembles the current calendar.
The 2019-2020 calendar will maintain 180 instructional days. The first semester ends prior to the Christmas holidays to allow for high school course completion and final exams before the break. Other features of the approved calendar include:
- Pre-Planning (5 Days) - July 31-August 6
- Open House - August 5
- First Day of School for Students - August 7
- Fall Break - October 14-15
- Parent Conference Days (Early Release) - September 25, March 4
- Thanksgiving Break - November 25-29
- Christmas Holidays Break - December 23-January 3
- Teacher Work Days - January 6-7
- Spring Break - August 3-10
- One-Day Holidays - Labor Day, MLK Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day
- Post-Planning - May 26-28
Superintendent Chuck Bell reminds all stakeholders that that the state legislature has taken up discussion about the idea of all Georgia school districts starting later. If action is taken during the 2019 Georgia General Assembly, it may require the Board to revisit the calendar.
A copy of the 2019-2020 Academic Calendar is provided here.